The Vice-President, Human Resources & Equity established the Annual Awards of Distinction in 2018 to acknowledge and celebrate exceptional contributions towards achieving the mission and vision of the Division and the broader University at large.
The program provides Human Resources professionals across the institution with an opportunity to recognize individuals or teams for exemplifying our divisional values and for outstanding work performed throughout the year.
Distinguished Contribution Award – Individual
Presented to an individual staff member whose work who has made outstanding contributions towards achieving the mission and vision of the Division. One winner from Central HR and one from Divisional HR Offices.
HR Team of the Year Award
Presented to a team of two or more individuals who achieved outstanding results overall during the year as reflected by impact to the division(s) they support or by their overall contributions to the broader university.
Living Our Values Award – Individual
Presented to an individual who exemplifies the values of the division in their daily work and their interactions with internal clients, and who serves as a model and mentor for others within the HR community.
Living Our Values Award – Individual Category
Sheryl Vitug, Senior HRIS Training & Project Specialist
Distinguished Contribution Award – Individual Category
Nora Lozano, Administrative Officer
Cherilyn Nobleza, Director, HR Strategic Initiatives
Distinguished Contribution Award – Team Category
Medicine, Divisional HR Office
Elizabeth Austen, Senior Human Resources Consultant
Alina Balosin, Human Resources Manager
Basil Haseeb, Human Resources Advisor
Jessica Lee, Human Resources Consultant
Narissa Mohammed, Human Resources Coordinator
Dinuka Perera, Senior Recruitment Specialist
Jean Robertson, Director, Human Resources
Giuliana Verduci, Senior Human Resources Consultant & Data Specialist
Consideration will be given to nominees who have made significant contributions and/or possess some or all of the special qualities and attributes as outlined below.
- Exceptionally service-oriented (within the University and, more specifically, the HR&E Division)
- Collaborative (within their unit and/or with other units/divisions)
- Shows initiative (offered a novel problem resolution, for example)
- Innovative (improving work processes, financial efficiencies, etc)
- Strong work ethic (dependability, commitment)
The following award has additional criteria and considerations
Team of the Year Award
- Actively pooled skills, talents and knowledge, with evidence of each team members’ contributions and mutual support and respect of each other
- Tackled a project or an assignment larger than its members’ individual job descriptions
- Submissions can be submitted from members of the specific team or their internal clients/customers
- Submissions should illustrate how the specific team stood out amongst their peers in terms of a achieving an overall outstanding positive impact to the division(s) they support or the broader university community
The Nomination Process
Nominations are currently closed.
Any Human Resources employee at the University is eligible to receive these awards. Temporary employees, students, and faculty are not eligible for consideration. Please note: an employee is not eligible to receive the same achievement award twice unless they are receiving the award as a member of a team. Selection of the recipients is based on the information provided as part of the nomination process.
All nominees must be in good standing at the University and have received satisfactory performance reviews. Nominees must be in an active status when the nominations close.