The Vice-President, Human Resources & Equity established the Annual Awards of Distinction in 2018 to acknowledge and celebrate exceptional contributions towards achieving the mission and vision of the Division and the broader University at large.
The program provides Human Resources professionals across the institution with an opportunity to recognize individuals or teams for exemplifying our divisional values and for outstanding work performed throughout the year.
Nominations closed: winners to be announced soon!
Distinguished Contribution Award – Individual
Presented to an individual staff member whose work who has made outstanding contributions towards achieving the mission and vision of the Division. One winner from Central HR and one from Divisional HR Offices.
HR Team of the Year Award
Presented to a team of two or more individuals who achieved outstanding results overall during the year as reflected by impact to the division(s) they support or by their overall contributions to the broader university.
Living Our Values Award – Individual
Presented to an individual who exemplifies the values of the division in their daily work and their interactions with internal clients, and who serves as a model and mentor for others within the HR community.
Consideration will be given to nominees who have made significant contributions and/or possess some or all of the special qualities and attributes as outlined below.
- Exceptionally service-oriented (within the University and, more specifically, the HR&E Division)
- Collaborative (within their unit and/or with other units/divisions)
- Shows initiative (offered a novel problem resolution, for example)
- Innovative (improving work processes, financial efficiencies, etc)
- Strong work ethic (dependability, commitment)
The following award has additional criteria and considerations
Team of the Year Award
- Actively pooled skills, talents and knowledge, with evidence of each team members’ contributions and mutual support and respect of each other
- Tackled a project or an assignment larger than its members’ individual job descriptions
- Submissions can be submitted from members of the specific team or their internal clients/customers
- Submissions should illustrate how the specific team stood out amongst their peers in terms of a achieving an overall outstanding positive impact to the division(s) they support or the broader university community
Any Human Resources employee at the University is eligible to receive these awards. Temporary employees, students, and faculty are not eligible for consideration. Please note: an employee is not eligible to receive the same achievement award twice unless they are receiving the award as a member of a team. Selection of the recipients is based on the information provided as part of the nomination process.
All nominees must be in good standing at the University and have received satisfactory performance reviews. Nominees must be in an active status when the nominations close.
Helpful Tips for Completing the Nomination Form
If you know staff members who perform their jobs in an exemplary manner or work groups/teams that are highly productive and effective, please nominate them for an award.
In completing the nomination submission please:
- Be specific – give examples and the details of what your candidate or team/work group has done that meets the selection criteria. Every candidate will not exhibit all of the award-winning characteristics, but you should show how your candidate has many of them.
- Avoid general statements such as: “the nominee has a pleasant personality,” “the nominee is a seasoned professional,” or “the nominee is always helpful.”
- Include as much qualitative and quantitative information as you can about the nominee’s work and contributions
- If you are nominating a team or group, be sure to list all members and describe how they work collaboratively for the benefit of the university. The nomination statement should explain the importance of team effort to the group’s overall success.