Since 2013, the Simcoe Hall Vice-Presidential Staff Award has recognized outstanding performance in the portfolios reporting into the Offices of the President, Vice-President & Provost, the Simcoe Hall Vice-Presidents, and the Office of the Governing Council. Each year the award recognizes staff members who have contributed to their Division or to the broader University in an exceptional way.
2018 Simcoe Hall Vice-Presidential Award recipients / Photo: Lisa Sakulensky
- Mark Britt, Director, Internal Audit, Office of the Governing Council
- Helen Chang, Senior Research Officer, Planning and Budget Office, University Operations
- Rosalyn Figov, Chief Operations Officer, Human Resources & Equity
- Vanessa Laufer, Director, International Relations, International
- Daniella Mallinick, Director, Academic Programs, Planning & Quality Assurance, Office of the Vice-President & Provost
- Krista Montgomery, Research Funding Manager, Research & Innovation
- Michael Munroe, Associate Director, Campus Police Services, University Operations
This award recognizes staff members who have contributed to their Division or to the broader University in one or more of the following ways. These accomplishments can be recent or demonstrated throughout the duration of their career.
- Significant Contributions: an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to their division or the broader University. This category is intended to recognize milestone accomplishments, such as an innovative initiative, a large project, or a substantial undertaking, which required remarkable effort, involved significant complexities, and/ or sets a standard upon which future initiatives will be modeled.
- Sustained Service of Excellence: an individual, with exemplary service to the University, and who is held in high regard by their colleagues and peers in areas that are core to the University’s values including: excellence, service orientation, citizenship, professionalism, collegiality, integrity, innovation and humility.
- Equity Champion: an individual who consistently demonstrates an emphasis on the fair and just inclusion of all members of the University community and is recognized as a leader in the promotion of those ideals throughout their work.
- Inspirational Attitude: an individual who possesses an uplifting and encouraging demeanor that contributes to positive morale and inspires their peers to do the same. Someone whose presence on a team invigorates their colleagues to work harder, smarter, and more resiliently to achieve their goals.
Any employee can nominate Professional & Managerial Staff, Confidential, or Unionized staff who work in the Offices of the President, Vice-President & Provost, the Simcoe Hall Vice-Presidents, or the Office of the Governing Council.
Any employee or supervisor can nominate colleagues from the eligible groups mentioned above. Nominations should describe in detail the specific contribution(s) that the staff member has made. Two supporting letters must be included with the nomination (one of which must be from the nominee’s current supervisor).
To submit a nomination for the SVP Award, please visit the True Blue Recognition Platform and use the link in the Awards Centre. Using the online form, please include any applicable details regarding the nominee’s contribution(s) and insert the text from the two supporting letters into the applicable fields.
The selection committee, chaired by the Vice-President, Human Resources & Equity and comprises of a minimum of three Vice-Presidents and / or their designates. Up to eight deserving employees, representing a broad range of employee groups and classifications will be selected for the award.
- 2017-18 Recipients [PDF]
- 2016-17 Recipients [PDF]
- 2015-16 Recipients [PDF]
- 2014-15 Recipients [PDF]
- 2013-14 Recipients [PDF]