2017 Simcoe Hall Vice-Presidential Award recipients / Photo: Lisa Sakulensky
The Simcoe Hall Vice-Presidential Staff Award recognizes outstanding performance in the portfolios reporting into the Offices of the President, Vice-President & Provost, the Simcoe Hall Vice-Presidents, and the Office of the Governing Council.
2017 award recipients
Director, Media Relations,
University of Toronto Communications
Manager, Enrolment & Tuition Fees,
Planning & Analysis, University Operations
University Regulatory Veterinarian,
Research & Innovation
Marketing, Communication & Trademark
Licensing Coordinator, University Operations
Senior Legal Counsel,
Office of the President
Manager, Trades Services,
Manager, HR Policy & Projects,
Human Resources & Equity
Director, Academic Affairs,
Office of the Vice-President & Provost
Executive Director, Annual & Leadership Giving,
Any employee can nominate Confidential, Professional & Managerial, or unionized staff who work in the Offices of the President, Vice-President & Provost, the Simcoe Hall Vice-Presidents, or the Office of the Governing Council.
Each year, this award recognizes staff members who have made contributions to their Division or to the broader University above and beyond their job description in one or more of the following ways:
- Nominees will have made significant impact on or contributions to the quality of life for the U of T community
- Nominees are highly regarded by their colleagues for their professionalism, service orientation, team work and contribution to morale
- Nominees are viewed as an emerging leader by other staff or management
- Nominees demonstrate significant potential to assume a more senior leadership role at U of T
- Nominees contribute to a positive and inclusive working environment
Award recipients will receive a gift and will be invited to an intimate lunch celebration with several of U of T’s senior administrators.
- Nominations should describe in detail the specific contribution(s) that the staff member has made in making the University a better place for others.
- Two supporting letters must be included with the nomination (one must be from the nominee’s current supervisor).
- The selection committee, which will be chaired by the Vice-President, HR & Equity, and comprised of a minimum of three vice-presidents and / or their designates, will select up to eight deserving employees representing a broad range of classifications and employee groups.
Should you have any questions about this program, or to submit a nomination, please contact your HR Divisional Office.